Torquay Visitor Centre – ‘More than just information….’
For assistance with planning your visit to Torquay, drop into the Torquay Visitor Centre, call 1300 614 219 or go to torquaylife.com.au
Home to world famous Bells Beach and the birth place of iconic surf brands, Torquay is the surfing capital of Australia and the official start of the Great Ocean Road.
Torquay THINGS TO DO:
- Catch up on surfing culture at Australian National Surfing Museum.
- Check out the waves and local surf talent at famous Bells Beach.
- Coast through living landscapes on the Surf Coast Walk surfcoastwalk.com.au .
- Bag the ultimate surf gear at Australia’s largest retail surf precinct .
- Those rolling waves are calling your name. See what it takes by signing up for a surfing lesson.
- In search of the perfect brew? The café culture and wholefood offering is buzzing in Torquay, grab a delicious bite to eat and do some serious retail therapy at the Bells Street, Gilbert Street or Torquay Village retail precincts.
- Pick your beach for a quintessential Australian day of sand surf activity.
- Tap into Torquay’s plentiful wellness and saltwater therapy offerings.
Nearby THINGS TO DO:
- Torquay is the official start of the famous Great Ocean Road. A world-class destination deserves to be explored, discover the charm of Anglesea, Aireys Inlet and Lorne.
- Uncover the Great Ocean Road Story at Lorne Visitor Centre.
- A breathtaking bird’s eye view awaits at The Split Point Lighthouse in Aireys Inlet.
- Sample some of the region’s highly regarded cool climate wines at Brown Magpie Wines and Bellbrae Estate.